Cambridgeshire Tennis is hosting a Coach Forum at Huntingdon Tennis Club on Wednesday 24th November from 09:30-13:00.
09:30 Arrival and coffee
09:55 Welcome and introduction
10:00-12:00 ON COURT (Steve Whelan & Sue Rich)
- How coaches can make use of elements of LTA Youth in delivering coaching to U10s red, orange and green
- Suggestions to the challenges of coaching U10s in smaller venues (combining age groups, minimising set up times, etc.)
- Discuss your experiences and challenges of coaching U10s and how these can be addressed
- The skills & attitude required of U10s to join County Training
- The County Development Pathway for U10 players
- Opportunities available to venues/coaches to be considered as “Performance Centres” for U10 players
12:00-13:00 CLUB HOUSE - (sandwich lunch provided)
- Coaching qualifications explained
- How can we help improve coach engagement?
- County update
Steve Whelan (LTA L4 Performance Coach, U Coach Trainer, U10 Player Development Coach) and Sue Rich (LTA L5 Performance Coach, U Coach Trainer, Cambridgeshire County Junior Teams Manager) as well as County Volunteers, Tim Arthur (Chair) and Mark Sanders (Councillor).
Coaches attending will be eligible for 3 CPD credits for attending which they will need to apply for via Independent Learning.
REGISTER FOR YOUR PLACE NOW
The Coach Forum is free of charge and available to all LTA accredited and accredited+ coaches - and is now run by County. Please support this event and register for your place via the link provided.
24 November 2021
24 November 2021
Event Entry Cost:
Huntington Tennis Club, King George V Playing Fields, St Peters Road, Huntingdon, PE29 7DA